Space Girls Space Women, the mobile photo-exposition shared by NEREUS’ partners was presented for a third time this year at the Parliament in Wallonia. The exhibition was coordinated by the GT Cowal (Earth observation Walloon Services Common Working Group). For more information about this group and its activities see here: http://geportail.wallonie.be/gtcowal (French site).
The opening event on 23rd September aimed at presenting the Walloon Earth Observation and regional geomatics strategy policy:
• “Earth Observation Paper Position” Scientific Public Service Institute (ISSeP) and Skywin Pole: Eric Hallot
• “Innovation and digitization of the administration” Walloon Institute for Evaluation, Foresight and Statistics (IWEPS) : V Callay
• “Earth Observation and Geomatics: A winning duo” Public Service of Wallonia (SPW) : Nathalie Stephenne
The second event on 3rd October welcomed a hundred of public servants and it was mainly focused on gender equality in technical jobs, with a reference to the EO4GEO project about bridging the skills gap between supply and demand of education and training in the EO/GI sector:
• “Uncluttering Education and jobs: figures across Europe” Institute for Equality of Women and Men, Françoise GOFFINET.
• “Gender inequalities in STEM (Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and stereotypes” a.s.b.l. Interface3, Simon MOREAU
• “Changing formations to meet Earth Observation data needs in the EO4GEO project”, ERRIN – European Region Research and Innovation, Ilaria D’AURIA
Learn more about the first two exciting exhibitions organised in Liege, Wallonia: