The ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence (ERATOSTHENES CoE-www.eratosthenes.org.cy) of the Cyprus University of Technology announces three (3) positions at the rank of Senior Researcher A or B (equivalent to Professor or Associate Professor), for full-time or part-time employment.
- SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION IN EARTH OBSERVATIONS AND REMOTE SENSING AT THE ENVIRONMENT AND CLIMATE DEPARTMENT.
- SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION IN EARTH OBSERVATION, SPACE & GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGIES AT THE RESILIENT SOCIETY DEPARTMENT.
- SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION IN INFORMATION EXTRACTION, VISUAL EXPLORATION & VISUALIZATION, CROWDSOURCING & DATA FUSION, GEOINFORMATICS, REMOTE SENSING AT THE BIG EARTH DATA ANALYTICS DEPARTMENT.
These positions are open either on full-time (100%) or part-time employment basis. These positions are open to everyone internationally in the framework of the EU-H2020 “EXCELSIOR” project (Excellence Research Centre for Earth Surveillance and Space-Based Monitoring of the Environment;TEAMING Grant no. 857510). Through this project, the Cyprus University of Technology is establishing the ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence in Space Technology, Earth Observation and Geospatial Technology in the EMMENA (Eastern Mediterranean Middle East North Africa) region, in cooperation with the Department of Electronic Communications (DEC) from the Deputy Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy (Cyprus) and with EU advanced Partners the German Aerospace Centre (DLR, Germany), TROPOS (Germany) and the National Observatory of Athens (NOA-Greece).
The ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence (ERATOSTHENES CoE) of the Cyprus University of Technology announces also four (4) positions for full-time employment.
- Marketing Manager in Earth Observation
- Human Resources Manager
- Accounting and Financial Officer
- Facilities, Building Infrastructure and Procurement Officer
More information on how to apply, you can find here (link).
Through the “EXCELSIOR” H2020 Teaming Project (2019-2026), the ERATOSTHENES CoE aims at becoming an excellent Digital Innovation Hub for Earth Observation and Geospatial Information by offering education, responsible research, open innovation and application services capable of sustaining Cyprus’ development. The ERATOSTHENES CoE aspires to actively contribute to the European Research Area (ERA) priorities in Atmosphere and Climate, Resilient Societies and Big Earth Data Analytics, as well as to become the reference Earth Observation/Geoinformation Centre for research and innovation in the Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa (EMMENA) region.