The Network organised the EO4GEO webinar on 20th October 2020 with key speakers (EO4GEO partners, NEREUS Members and other experts in the Earth Observation/Geoinformation sector) to promote the EO4GEO sector skills alliance and its tools towards the Member regions and universities but also to get their views on the initiative. Out of the 106 participants who registered for the webinar including 7 NEREUS Member regions (Emilia Romagna, Piedmont, Mazovia, Podkarpackie, Madrid, East Midlands and Bavaria), 54 participated in the webinar eventually.
EO4GEO partners presented to the participants the benefits of using the EO4GEO tools for their policies and organisations. Members had the opportunity to share with the developers what is the lack of skills in Earth observation/Geoinformation activities of their organisations and discuss with them to what extent the proposed online tools and training materials fit their expectations.
The ERASMUS+ funded initiative EO4GEO (Towards an innovative strategy for skills development and capacity building in the space geo-information sector supporting Copernicus user uptake) under the Blueprint for Sectoral Cooperation on Skills schema aims to help bridging the skills gap in space/geospatial sector by creating a strong alliance of players from the sector/community reinforcing the existing ecosystem and fostering the uptake and integration of space/geospatial data and services.
You can watch the full webinar here:
Download the presentations:
- Introduction to the initiative and why NEREUS joined the project by Margarita Chrysaki, NEREUS Communication/Project officer (link);
- EO4GEO workshop in Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France by Magali Page (link);
- Next EO4GEO workshop in Mazovia, Poland by Adam Sieczka (link);
- Next EO4GEO workshop in Podkaparckie, Poland by Antoni Jez (link);
- Why the role of regions is key for the success of the initiative and what are the benefits for them at a longterm? by Milva Carbonaro, GISIG and EO4GEO’s coordinator and Kevin Ramirez (EIT Climate-KIC) (link);
- Presentation of the EO4GEO tools and educational material by Martyna Gorska from JENA university, Rob Lemmens from Twente University, Aida Monfort Muriach from Universitat Jaume I, and Andreas Kazantzidis from the University of Patras (link).
EO4GEO webinar is part of the NEREUS web-sessions series that will focus on the presentation of all projects (Copernicus4Regions, EO4GEO, CoRdiNet, IMPRESSIVE, Space Girls Space Women) that the Network currently implements. The purpose of these webinars is to showcase the important role of regions in EU initiatives related to the use of space.