“Space for our Planet” exhibition will be inaugurated at the Esplanade of the European Parliament on 28 Sep (13.30-14.30)! This is an outdoor event open to everyone: https://www.space4ourplanet.org/
‘Space4OurPlanet’ examines the key role of space technologies in the transition towards a sustainable planet whilst also showing how younger generations are empowered and involved in this transition. More concretely, the exhibition will encompass the portraits of 17 ‘actors of change’ throughout the world: each portrait encapsulates one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and will demonstrate how space technologies can be used as a solution to all the topics covered by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
NEREUS is a co-sponsor and through this exhibition, the Network is stimulating cooperation at the intraregional and interregional levels. Ms Roya Ayazi, NEREUS Secretary-General will represent the Network on this occasion.
Below you will find the programme for the opening day.
Date: Wed 28 Sep. 2021
Time: 13.30 – 14:30
Venue: Esplanade ‘Solidarnosc 1980
13.30-13:35 Welcoming of guests
13.35-13:40 Project presentation by the curators, Fiorella Coliolo and Benoit Delplanque
13.40-14:05 “Space for our Planet”, speeches by:
- 13:40 Ixelles Mayor, Christos Doulkeridis
- 13:45 European Commission, DG DEFIS Space Director, Matthias Petschke
- 13:50 European Parliament, MEP, Damian Boeselager
- 13:55 NEREUS Secretary General, Roya Ayazi
14.05:14.15 Ribbon cutting ceremony and posing for the photos
14.15-14:25 “Space for our Planet”, the viewpoints of:
- European Space Agency (ESA) Head of Strategy, Programme & Coordination Office, Directorate for Earth Observation, Simonetta Cheli
- CNES, Senior Advisor Emmanuel de Lipkowski
- Final word: Rep. of the EC to Belgium, Deputy Head of Rep. Charlotte Gugenheim
14.25-14:33 Visit of the exhibition panels