NEREUS organises on the 4rth April 11.00-12.00 (Brussels time) the 5th infosession on education/training in the space sector focused on gender equality in the space sector and what the challenges, necessary skills, and opportunities for a woman seeking a space-based career are. A panel of esteemed speakers working in the space sector will share their viewpoints, discuss with the audience, and propose solutions.
You may also have a look at the final report of the EU defence industry, aeronautics and space sectors on equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) considerations (link).
The education/training webinars have the objective to bring together the university community and partners of the network interested in education/training, capacity-building, and skills development, create new opportunities for partnerships and setting the frame for new ways of cooperation within and outside NEREUS.
The webinar aims at:
- introducing new education players who recently joined the platform and other key stakeholders in the area of education/training;
- enhancing collaboration amongst the universities/research centres present on the platform, but also reaching out to new players outside the network;
- identifying strengths/areas of cooperation;
- presenting major university related-projects and partnerships: a) the erasmus+ EU education/training initiative, eo4geo, promoting the eo4geo tools and the eo4geo alliance; b) the erasmus+ EU education/training initiative, universeh, an alliance of five young and mature universities from five European countries; (in case you wish to present an initiative of your region or organisation to the network community, please contact the secretariat.)
- presenting and discussing new funding opportunities/programs
Target group: Universities/research centres that are NEREUS-Associate members, universities based in NEREUS-member regions, other Universities interested in education/training, cooperation partners, NEREUS-regions that hosted the EO4GEO workshops in the past, and all NEREUS-members interested in the education/training regarding the use of space technologies;
The role of the education/training sector is crucial for the development of the regional economy and growth. New skills and interdisciplinary knowledge are needed given the numerous challenges such as unemployment, digitalisation, and green transition. The growing role of the space sector can provide solutions to a wide range of regional domains including agriculture, maritime activities, urban planning, air quality, climate adaptation, and sustainable development.
This info session will introduce key education players in the area of space and explore potential partnerships within but also outside the Network. In addition, it will present new education/training trends on the uptake and integration of space/geospatial data and services.
Education/training is also considered a key topic for regional strategies and future needs in space products, as experts are needed for the public and private sector at local and regional level. NEREUS is a European network of regions, currently composed of 24 Member regions and 33 Associate members (including universities) and its role is also to update members and participate in the development of an appropriate educational framework that will support regional growth and development.