Are you a European entity providing earth observation services for climate adaptation or mitigation? Did you miss the first deadline for our survey? Now is your chance to fill it in! To participate and benefit from PROTECT project opportunities, please highlight your services in the survey by 15th of March.
What is PROTECT? The European Union funded PROTECT project https://www.protect-pcp.eu/ aims to support public authorities in their climate adaptation and mitigation actions through the procurement of innovative climate services. PROTECT project will engage with a community of European public authorities – and specifically public buyers – to facilitate the definition and aggregation of their needs and requirements for climate services to prepare a joint innovative procurement (2024). In this frame, the consortium is looking for innovative climate services based on Earth Observation – to give an overview to public buyers of the state of the art and future developments.
The goal is to prepare this community to undertake a joint Pre-Commercial Procurement fully funded by the European Commission and expected to be launched in 2024 with a funding amount of up to EUR 19 million (HORIZON-CL6-2024-GOVERNANCE-01-5: Customisation/pre-operationalisation of prototypes end-user services in the area Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation).
The initial focus is on five encompassing application domains:
– Energy and Utilities
– Sustainable urban communities
– Marine and coastal environment
– Agriculture, Forestry and other Land use (including bioeconomy)
– Civil Security and Protection
Which are the advantages of joining PROTECT?
🔹Assistance in identifying the needs of the public authorities
🔹Tailored trainings, continuous knowledge, and fresh information to guide you through the concepts of Innovation Procurement, Climate change adaptation and mitigation, and Earth Observation and their interactions
🔹Opportunity to present your services in front of participating public buyers in the frame of an Open Market Consultation (e-pitching sessions)
🔹Strategic positioning for participating in the upcoming Pre-Commercial Procurement call fully funded by the European Commission and expected to be launched in 2024 with a funding amount of up to EUR 19 million (HORIZON-CL6-2024-GOVERNANCE-01-5: Customisation/pre-operationalisation of prototypes end-user services in the area Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation).
🔹Opportunity to be referenced in our online catalogue
What we are looking for:
The consortium is looking for:
– Innovative services using environmental observation data addressing the needs of public authorities regarding climate adaptation and attenuation.
Each providers pre-identified will have the chance to be referenced in PROTECT project catalogue and might have the opportunity to present their services in front of participating public buyers in the frame of an Open Market Consultation (online pitching sessions)
Fill in the following form and take your chance! Link: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/PROTECT_06_02_2023 To know more about the project : https://www.protect-pcp.eu/
If there are questions, an email can be sent to: Ioana Rosca: email@example.com
1. G.A.C Group – helps innovative companies to benefit from tax breaks for industrial R&D through the research allowances
2. GEMEENTE HAARLEM The city of Harleem in Netherlands is the coordinator of network of procurers, through the Urban Agenda Partnership
3. CORVERS PROCUREMENT SERVICES BV (CPS) – a legal consultancy specialized in European procurement law with leading clients in the Netherlands and abroad
4. CLIMATE-KIC HOLDING BV (CKIC) – its vision is to contribute to creating a prosperous, inclusive, climate-resilient society with a circular, zero-carbon economy
5. CLIMATE ALLIANCE – KLIMA-BUENDNIS – ALIANZA DEL CLIMA e.V (CA) – largest European city network dedicated to climate action
6. ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE DES AGENCESDE DEVELOPMENT (EURADA) – gathers people working on economic development through a large network in European Union and beyond and connects its members with other regional development agencies, business partners and European authorities
7. GECOSISTEMA (GECO) – a specialist environmental consulting engineering and research company providing advanced consulting, scientific research, innovation product developments, data science and modelling services in the fields of environmental, climate risk and geospatial intelligence
8. ISEM-INSTITUT PRE MEDZINARODNU BEZPECNOST A KRIZOVE RIADENIE, NO (ISEMI) – a non-profit organization providing publicly beneficial services
9. AEROSPACE VALLEY – the leading European competitiveness cluster in the aerospace sector and the coordinator for the WP1.3 in this project