On 4 April 2023, 09:30-10.30, the 4rth session will introduce the audience to the EU Space Strategy for Security and Defence. The European Commission jointly with the EEAS published the strategy as a communication on 10th March 2023 (link and link). The discussion will focus on the use of space for security and defense. Companies and cluster representatives as well as other regional stakeholders are invited to take the floor to share their views on the use of space for security and defense. Watch here our previous webinars https://www.nereus-regions.eu/category/events/defence/
You can download the agenda here (link).
You can register here (link).
Target group: space clusters within and outside NEREUS, SMEs, companies, and all regional stakeholder interested in space businesses regarding the use of space technologies.
What is about?
The series of webinars has the overall objective to make the cluster and SME-community at regional level more transparent and foster co-operations and partnerships amongst them. The idea is to stimulate new ways of cooperation within but also outside regions, foster space business: Another important objective is to introduce the participants to new opportunities for partnerships and funding in the private and public sector and inform on relevant EU and ESA-programs.
All online sessions aim at:
- Presenting the NEREUS space business community (space clusters, companies, SMEs): what is their expertise and best practices; what are their strengths? Cluster competences
- Enhancing collaboration and interlinkage amongst NEREUS private space community and regional space ecosystems (clusters, companies, etc) (moderated discussion);
- Providing an overview of the recent developments/trends and challenges in the European private space sector (EU projects, new trends, investment opportunities);
- Highlighting new funding EU/ESA funding opportunities (moderated discussion);
- Exploring how the private space sector can benefit the most from EU business initiatives (ESA BIC, Defence Fund) (moderated discussion);
The private space sector is one of the main players to boost the capitalisation of Europe’s space infrastructure. The increasing cooperation between the public and private sectors on many and diverse space domains, in particular, the downstream sector and the ongoing development of big and small private space players is vital for the future of the European space sector but also for an optimal cross-fertilisation with non-space sectors.
This online event will introduce the Network’s space clusters and companies active in a wide range of domains including agriculture, maritime affairs, R&D, and telecommunication. Moreover, it will explore potential partnerships within but also outside the Network as well as debate on new EU/ESA initiatives and funding opportunities. Private space business in regions is considered one of the most valuable topics for regional strategies, development and growth. In this context, NEREUS will provide its members with the necessary information on the topic and support this cross-cluster and cross-border collaboration.
NEREUS is a European network of regions, currently comprised of 24 Member regions and 33 Associate members (including space clusters and companies). NEREUS is the only European association that represents the interests of European regions and their stakeholders (companies, clusters, etc) using space technologies while simultaneously highlighting the regional dimension of European space policy and programmes.