Does your organisation support innovation and entrepreneurs? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you: organise Copernicus Hackathons.
This brand-new initiative, financed by the European Commmission, will bring together developers, entrepreneurs and topic-specific experts to develop new applications based on Copernicus Earth observation (EO) data and services.
For each hackathon, the European Commission will finance 85% of your costs, up to EUR 20,000.
This is your opportunity to become a front-runner in the field of space innovation.
APPLY before 9 July 2018 to get EUR 20,000 to organise your own Copernicus Hackathon!
Explore all additional and in-depth information along with the terms and requirements for applicants here.
Check out the full evaluation criteria here.
Learn more about the Copernicus Start-up Programme here.
What could your Copernicus Hackathon look like?
- Create your own hackathon event format! From 24 hours up to one week of team spirit.
- Create an unforgettable training and coding experience with young developers and entrepreneurs.
- Choose the thematic area of your hackathon (e.g. agriculture, sustainable development, forestry, raw material…) which best suits your interest.
- Ensure that the hackathon is embedded in the local, national and/or European Copernicus eco-system, bringing new players, such as large companies, public authorities, universities and research centres to increase your communication outreach and the quality of the hackathon.
- Involve your partners actively in your event format.
Why Copernicus Hackathons?
- Boost the use of Copernicus data and EO in Europe.
- Support the development of applications that address societal challenges such as climate change or natural disasters.
- Spot the next-generation of space entrepreneurs, and help them get their business off the ground.