The call is now available online for experts to participate in the Thematic Working Groups launched within the project CopHub.AC, coordinated by PLUS (http://www.cophub-ac.eu/ )
The call is open also to all EO4GEO partners and associated partners.
The Coordination & Support Action CopHub.AC strives to:
- develop and recommend certain elements to support the effective operationalization of the Copernicus Academy.
- act as the knowledge and innovation hub of the Copernicus Ecosystem, the collective expertise of its members is called for. Towards this objective, the establishment of thematic working groups is envisaged.
The Copernicus Academy Working Groups will initially focus on the six Core Services themes: Atmosphere, Marine, Land, Climate Change, Security and Emergency.
The working groups aim at:
- capitalizing on the excellence of the Copernicus Academy members to inform the general public, businesses, public authorities and other Copernicus stakeholders in a systematic way about the state-of-the-art and un-tap innovation potentials in their thematic areas;
- launching project ideas and initiatives to be further developed in the frame of the Copernicus Academy;
- supporting the Entrusted Entities and the Copernicus Core Services domains with scientific advice;
- discussing the uptake and commercialization of research findings and
- providing expert advice in thematic areas.
In the long run, the working groups may become fundamental elements of a future Copernicus Academy Hub, to foster exchange and collaboration among the Copernicus Academy members and may even lead to the establishment of thematic Commissions.
The application form is available at http://www.cophub-ac.eu/twg/